Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Experience in advertising/marketing copywriting, with a focus on consumer direct response and digital platforms
- Direct experience with several (or all) of the following marketing tactics: marketing strategy, blogging, email marketing, social media management, PR, website copywriting, market research, SEO (as it pertains to content creation), digital and print advertising campaigns, and tagline development
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to the clients. Write clear and attractive content that reflects our brand’s voice, and that converts traffic at a high rate
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to develop a variety of content marketing materials
- Produce error-free content that adheres to the client company’s style guidelines and captures our audience
- Interpret creative direction and briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Use SEO principles to maximize the reach of our copy
- Simultaneously manage work across multiple projects with various deadlines
Skills & Competence Required
- Minimum 2+ years of copy writing, proof reading and editing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable creative ability.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, adapt to quick changes, and work under tight deadlines.
- Educated to diploma, degree level Journalism; Creative Writing; Marketing or similar Excellent language skills
Bonus skills / Nice to have
- Proficient understanding of Website management platform (WordPress)
- Proficient understanding of E-commerce platforms (WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify, etc.)
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator
What’s in it for you?
- Enjoyable working environment working alongside industry experts.
- Competitive Starting Salary.
- Growing company.
- Exciting projects, small to medium size businesses
- All the support needed to make you a success.
- Casual dress.
- A super friendly team.
- Great balance of work and learning, professional development.